[T3] Happy New Year

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 12:16:59 PST 2012

In a message dated 1/1/2012 1:25:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Ill  second, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I ALMOST drove my Squareback today... hasn't  been driven in January in over
20 years but unfortunately, despite the lack  of snow, a brief flurry went
thru on Friday and we were HEAVILY salted  again!  Drat!

The way NY is funded, they have to use up all the  salt over the winter or
they don't get as much money for it next year... so  good weather or not,
you
really need to keep the summer cars in storage  because anytime for no
reason, under the cover of darkness (and sometimes  in daylight) that
snowplow could be coming....

Happy New Year to ALL.

I'm sure glad Michigan isn't like NY. Here our county budget is low on
funds, but the new year brings a new budget. :O But they've taken a new
approach  to the roads these last 2 years, in that they actually watch what the
weather is  doing, then they take action. The county reported they've been
happy for the  warm weather, as it's offsetting last January's expenses for snow
removal. We've  had a lot of rain this last month, dotted  with a couple of
light dustings  (bringing out the salt trucks), but nothing to shovel (yet).

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)