[T3] Happy New Year

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jan 2 06:38:26 PST 2012

On 1 Jan 2012 at 17:27, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I have an idea on a custom built system using a electric compressor and
> the original fresh air ventilation system(it's a 72). I'll have to do
> some more research but I have bigger fish to fry right now on this
> whole project and it will be the last thing I'll be concerned with.

It would be an interesting project, but keep in mind that the
generator output is limited to 30 A total. So you probably can't
count on diverting more than 10 A to an electric A/C compressor.

The car needs the rest to run the FI fuel pump, the FI brain &
injectors, and the ignition. If you need wipers and/or headlights
things get worse.

One thing I should do someday would be to measure normal current
consumption at cruising speed with various loads turned on.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org