[T3] Happy New Year

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Jan 2 18:34:13 PST 2012

Dennis, you might want to look into using a modern compressor (and system),
 as they use less horse power to run, versus the older style that was used
in the  60' and 70's. Granted you'll have to up size your coils (for R-134),

but you  might find one that will fit into the older style under dash unit.
This would  give you the modern air you seek, while retaining the classic
look. Just a  thought.

Since our temps don't get anywhere near as hot as yours do in the summer, I
 haven't really had a problem with the heat (I'm a few years older than
you).  Even when we went to Carthage (in 2010), it wasn't an issue, even
though
the  temps were in the mid 90's with high humidity. Yes, being in AC would
have been  nice, but cruising down the highway with 3 other T-3s more than
made up for the  inconvenience. : )  And this year going to Colorado, means
driving across a  few more states, and we'll be doing it in the T-34 which
has more glass area  than my Notch has. After talking with Ofc Doug, I know
the T-34 will be more of  a "green house" than the Notch was. That's why I
made sure the pop outs work,  and the fresh air system is clean and working,
as
they'll both be needed. :O

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)

My is a 72 so no pop outs. True the modern rotary compressors they use now
only take about 1 or 2 HP to pull them. The weather here is close to what it
is in southern Missouri just a little more humidity and a few more degrees.
LOL