[T3] Mirrors for '69 Squareback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jan 3 15:40:55 PST 2012

On 3 Jan 2012 at 14:37, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> As you can see, Jim ... I'm still "flogging the bushes" for a RHS Door
> Mirror.

I'll dig thru my stuff this winter and see if I can find example
parts for '68-9 outside mirrors. I guess I didn't realize that you
wanted to see what they would have looked like.

> And when the "original mirrors" went BAD, (probably in the late '70's,
> sometime) the replacements were totally different.  You saw my replacements
> with the 1/4", solid, round, rod arms.  They are nothing like the
> nut/arm/adjustments of the originals.

VW never sold those. They were from some aftermarket supplier. I
think I once bought some like that from JC Whitney. I was
disappointed when I saw them.

> As for attending the 2010 Invasion in Carthage.  At that time I
> believe my '69 was still suffering from that "high-speed" engine
> "miss".  The Belleville Washers on the Fuel Injector ground wire,
> seemed to have fixed that problem.  But in 2010, I would have been
> "left by the roadside" by the caravan.

Nah, we never leave anyone by the roadside. Fixing the little
problems that pop up makes the caravanning part so fun.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org