[T3] Mirrors for '69 Squareback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jan 4 11:52:06 PST 2012

On 4 Jan 2012 at 11:54, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Like John and Jim pulling the engine at the host hotel to replace the main
> seal (04), or Brian doing an inprompto front end alignment and jet  change
> at the host hotel (after hitting something on the way bending a tie  rod)
> (2010), or the guy who had FI trouble, dropping the car off the flat bed on
> Sunday, and the experts swarming it and getting it fixed, so he could drive
> home  (08).There were more, but those were the highlights. ;^)

Poor Sophy, she had so many little problems in her shakedown cruise.
The jet plug that fell out while driving, but waited patiently on the
tin to be found and reinstalled, the idle jet that wouldn't stay
open, the left carb that came loose from the manifold....

Then there was my '69 in 2002 which had brake light switch failures
and then needed a new RF brake hose after I tried to get them working
by stomping on the brakes really hard.

Jason Cornfeld's disaster waiting to happen: a tie rod end so worn
that it was a miracle that it stayed together.

Good times!   ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org