[T3] Mirrors for '69 Squareback

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 17:04:02 PST 2012

I'm glad I didn't know about Jason's tie-rod end before we went hurtling
down the twisty descent from the summit of the pass over the Rockies!

OTOH, I seem to recall that early Beetles being driven by army personnel
after the war often crashed, and a broken track-rod end was commonly found
in the wreckage.  It was suspected to be too weak, until it was demonstrated
that a Beetle could be driven at speed on twisty roads with only one
track-rod!  It was concluded the drivers were at fault, not the track-rod
ends.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club