[T3] Oil Shocks?

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 18:31:43 PST 2012

Last March I put a set of new Cofap oil shocks on my 68 squareback. Worked fine, nice feel.

Over the last few weeks the right front has started making a squeaking noise, particularly in the cold. I gave the front a bounce with the shock disconnected, no more squeak. It is definitely the shock.

I don't ever remember this happening with Boges. The local VW shop says he can't get any other oil shock except Cofaps any more.

So I'm looking for a source for Boges, or any other suitable oil shock.

Car is stock ride-height.

Max
Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/