[T3] Oil Shocks?

Tony Rongey trongey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 18:41:21 PST 2012

I just got a set of Boges at Bughaus a couple of months ago.  www.bughaus.com

Tony
'70 AT/FI Fastback

________________________________
From: Max Welton <max_welton_2k at yahoo.com>
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Sent: Tue, January 17, 2012 8:31:43 PM
Subject: [T3] Oil Shocks?

Last March I put a set of new Cofap oil shocks on my 68 squareback. Worked fine,
nice feel.

Over the last few weeks the right front has started making a squeaking noise,
particularly in the cold. I gave the front a bounce with the shock disconnected,
no more squeak. It is definitely the shock.

I don't ever remember this happening with Boges. The local VW shop says he can't
get any other oil shock except Cofaps any more.

So I'm looking for a source for Boges, or any other suitable oil shock.

Car is stock ride-height.

Max
Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/