[T3] Fwd: rear parcel tray

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jan 22 13:45:27 PST 2012

On 22 Jan 2012 at 18:42, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hey all!  Does anyone have a photo or at least know what kind of
> material belongs there?  I have a '73 fastback but it came without
> anything there.  I was wondering if it was carpeted or had a hardboard
> that was covered with vinyl.  No idea.

I think it was just card stock with a glossy covering. I don't have
much fasty experience, but the ones I've seen with carpet back there
were all installed by the owners after the original curled up and
died from the sun. Carpet would also have been more expensive than
card stock, but in '73 VW was doing everything possible to cheapen
these cars, so I can't imagine that they would have gone to carpet at
that point.

OTOH, I think a nicely chosen piece of carpet looks really good back
there.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org