[T3] seat belts

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 17:10:51 PST 2012

As the reel end of the belt doesn't pick up grease and dirt from handling, I
prefer to leave the retract mechanism alone and just pull out the belt
fully.  Maybe it's because I removed the wrong side once - very tedious to
correct that when there's feet of spring all over the place!   You may be
able to lock it by holding it in a certain position - it depends on the
works - but otherwise protect the belt with a bit of card and clamp with a
vise ('Mole') grip or something to stop it retracting.  A bucket of warm
soapy water and rinses works for me too.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club