[T3] Bad news on engine

R. David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 03:26:59 PST 2012

[[[These  also have the vent nipples coming out of the top corner of the
rocker arm box. Jim said they have to have them too. This is a 72 engine.
The guy told me he could get a set of heads that have the boss for the temp
sensor and the vents but I would still have to drill all that out.]]]

You DO need head vents in order to let fresh air into the PCV system on our
72's. I have the whole '72 system on our VW, but I don't have the 72 heads.
What I did was weld metal pipe bungs to the top corners of the metal valve
covers and ran the factory fresh air hoses (from the air cleaner) to these
bungs. Works well. I can email you some pictures if you like, Dennis.

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"
Fairport, NY