[T3] Bad News On Engine

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:58:49 PST 2012

They have been around for a long time, but I don't know anyone who has
first hand knowledge of their work. I suspect they supply to others
who take the credit. I think someone on this list has one of their
engines however.

**********

I purchased a long block motor from AVP a few years ago and have not
had any issues with it thusfar. If you have an automatic model be sure
to speak to them about the driveplate. It would save you some trouble
to have them install one for you ahead of time, rather than you trying
to remove yours from your core.

I live one hour from Sacramento and they delivered it in plastic wrap
to my door, and had a truck come by to pick up my core when I was
ready to give it to them.

The only issue was that the distributor drive shaft was installed set
for a type 1 motor and so that caused me issues only because I chose
not to deal with it for a year or two until my idle problems were so
annoying I bit the bullet and reset the shaft properly and now having
had any issues with the motor. After 3 years 30+ miles the valves
still set fine, still good power etc. etc.   I would recommend AVP.

-Chris
70 fastback