[T3] getting ready

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 16:26:36 PST 2012

I used to carry an 11' sailing dinghy on the Beetle roof, weighing about 125
lbs, but the rack was gutter mounted.

Gutter mounted on the Variant would be 100kg.

It would probably be wise to take it gently over sleeping policemen (what do
you call those speed bumps?) to prevent excessive shock loading.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club