[T3] getting ready

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 30 20:39:08 PST 2012

> If your rack screws screw only into the roof sheet metal, I'd be concerned about adding any real load up there. It should be either really light or for really short distances. The concern is not only the downward weight, but also the vibration on whatever the screws go into. <

The width of the base of the mount has an affect on the load distribution as well.

On a rack I had on my Previa, the screws fit into a rubber sleeve that fit into a larger hole in the roof. The compression tightened the rubber against the metal hole and it held really well. This prevents direct screw to metal contact. I found a replacement when one split at a FLAPS.

I have a few extra vintage quik n easy gutter rack mounts sitting around if someone is interested.

jEFF '67 sQBK