[T3] Two questions about throttle cables

David Sanderson djsanderson at telus.net
Sat Jan 14 16:50:56 PST 2012

Hi Folks
I have a couple of questions about throttle cables. First, the
throttle cable in Matt's notch broke. Actually, it had worn through in
two places - just where the cable exits the tube by the pedal and
again at the rear where it come through the fire wall. Did these
cables come with some sort of nylon sleeve to prevent this kind of
abrasion and subsequent breakage? I've looked at the parts book but do
not see any such protective sleeve. I see at CB Performance that they
sell a cable that is in a  sleeve - that should do the trick I think.
Second, I imagine that it is very difficult to get 311 721 551 A, the
protective tube and grommet (311 721 573) for the throttle cable from
the pan to the firewall. Have people tried other kinds of tubes, like
bicycle parts as a substitute?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave