[T3] ] Inertia Reel Springs SOLVED

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 2 18:28:04 PDT 2012

What I did was...

Instead of winding the spring up fully (till its all wound around the center
and tight) when pulling the belt out and hoping that it will want to wind
back tight once you let the belt go I flipped the spring over, and started
with the spring wound up tight, then as the belt gets pulled out it loosens
it... when you go far enough it starts to want to wind itself back up again,
then go far enough so it will wind enough of the belt back into the reel to
suffice.

When you pull a spring cover, CAREFULLY note which way the spring is
wrapped, how its hooked into the plastic surround, try and get the cover off
without letting anything come loose or go kasprong, ill bet you find it
unwinds as you pull the belt out but I didn't have a virgin to confirm that.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"