[T3] Newbie need some advice

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 9 06:14:41 PDT 2012

On 8 Jul 2012 at 23:48, CC wrote:

> I have a question about pricing on a 68 bug vert.
>
> The car has been sitting for twenty to twenty five years outside in
> Minnesota. it is in poor condition and what I am wondering is what would be
> a good price to offer it to someone.

It's hard to say without seeing it, but a convertible sitting outside
is likely to be worth very little by now. Rust has probably taken
over the body, the convertible top is beyond saving, and the
mechanicals would have to be gone thru completely. It's main
usefulness might be in some of the hard to find parts that only came
on convertibles.

If it were mine, I'd be tempted to give it away if the owner would
haul it away and seemed likely to do it justice. $500 would be way
too much. $200 might be a reasonable compromise.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org