[T3] Weber Carb update

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:55:12 PDT 2012

You'd have a Lot more room on the left side if you mounted your coil like I
have the coil on this blue engine below.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/?action=view&current=100_0414.jpg

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM, James Lingenfelter
<jimmyandcher at yahoo.com>wrote:

> The side that I KNOW is leaking is the other side; however, the hoses on
> both sides are loose on the fittings, so I expect the driver side may be
> leaking also. The problem is that I can not visually inspect where the fuel
> line enters the driver side carb when the air cleaners/carb linkage are
> assembled, due to the air cleaner base plate hiding everything on that side
> (the fuel line enters from the left back part of the carb, just under the
> air cleaner. This is the CB performance setup, where the carb linkage
> hinges between the air cleaner base plates. Makes things harder if you need
> to access things in that area.... even when dealing with the #3 and #4
> spark plugs, I have to take the whole air cleaner/carb linkage apart. When
> I replace the fuel lines, I will get it running with no carb linkage so
> that I can verify I've got a good connection there.
>
>  In any case, the spark plug tin piece that I found on the Samba has
> arrived, so as soon as I can dig up some engine tin screws, it will be
> installed.
>
> Jimmy
>

> On Jul 15, 2012, at 2:42 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
>
>  Jimmy,
>>
>> It occurs to me that you mentioned that you were missing one of the
>> cooling tin pieces that fits around the SP connectors. If the carb
>> inlet leak is on that same side, it may be due to excess hot air
>> coming out that opening, especially after shutdown. That side would
>> tend to overheat and would leak lots of hot air out that opening
>> after you were parked.
>>
>> While you were driving, that carb would get lots of cool air, air
>> that should have been cooling the cylinders.
>>

>> --

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/