[T3] F.I. -Automatic - Dies when slowing/Stopping

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 20:52:26 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/15/2012 3:28:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stet.sanborn at gmail.com writes:

I  started the car and let her idle for about 10
mins.  I took her out  for a test drive, still unsure of what had happened
last week.  She  drove great for about 2 miles.  Then the same thing
happened again,  idle dropping so low it just stalls any time I come to a
stop sign or light  right about when it upshifts into first.  I'm able to
keep it going  essentially anytime I've got my foot on the gas, even just a
little  bit.

It sounds like the electric AAR is doing it's job. This might be a case of
letting it warm up real good, then re-set the idle speed. It's also
possible  that it might just be due for a full tune up.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)