[T3] early seat release cables

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 19 06:41:16 PDT 2012

> Well I got those cables on the Crate, got them all adjusted and well. they really don't work! <

I suspect that what happens to these cables is that once the cable starts to get stuck within the sheath with age and lack of lubrication, the next failure point is the lever in the door jam.

That lever can get bent slightly with the huge load from the door if the cable is jammed up. This leaves less travel of the cable and thus not releasing the catch.

The other failure point is due to wear at the catch point. The peg wears into the catch resulting in the need for more travel to release the catch.

Replacement of parts is the only real cure at this point.

This is from long ago memory when my '67 had the stock seats. I swapped them not long after I bought it in '78 for later highbacks that have a side-of-the-seat release.

Jeff '67 Sqbk