[T3] 2014 Type 3 Invasion

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 05:40:45 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/20/2012 6:02:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

Invasions are usually near the organiser - or there's a very helpful
contact
living in the area who can set things up locally.  ISTR the  Carthage,
Missouri invasion was because someone down that way offered to do  the local
organising.  For 2014 Dave Pallo has volunteered, and we get  to see another
part of the country (if we can make it).  I reckon  that's good.

You're correct Dave. Let's see IF I can remember this correctly. The first
Invasion was put together by Brian Fye, back in 2002 in Parma Idaho. Now
some  would say it was a west coast visit, but others wouldn't. The next was
co-hosted  by Keith Park and Ron Mann in Hershey PA in 2004. Ron did quite a
bit of  the leg work for Keith. An east coast visit. Brian hosted in 2006 in
 Oregon, a west coast visit. In 2008 John Jaranson. hosted it in Michigan,
an  upper "mid-west" visit. In 2010, Dave Lynagh hosted it in Carthage MO, a
 southern "mid-west" visit. And in 2012 Brian with help from Max Welton
hosted it in Colorado Springs (Max did the leg work for Brian). Now, some of
us  would call it a west coast visit, while others would call it a western
"mid-west" visit. To me, since we were in the Rocky Mountains, I'd call it a
west coast visit, as we definitely went west to get there.

But you're right Dave, the USA is a big country (compared to the UK), and
there's a lot of miles between coasts. :O I'm also glad you and Anne were
able  to attend. : )  But you also get to see some areas of the country that
you  normally wouldn't. I think Dave Pallo will make a great host. Having met
him at  Hershey (he didn't have his T-3 with him), and caravaned with him
and  Gail to both Carthage and Colorado Springs, I can honestly say they're
great people, and we should have a great time attending.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)