[T3] STILL can't get my car running

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 28 20:32:02 PDT 2012

On 28 Jul 2012 at 18:36, James Lingenfelter wrote:

> With the motor idling, I  determined that removing either the #3 or #4
> plug wires from the  distributor had no effect whatsoever on how it
> ran, whether idling or  revved up to 3,000+ rpm. Yet I get a spark at
> the distributor with  both of those wires. Now what?

Two cylinders both served by the same carb and neither working.
Remove the air cleaner and look down the carb throad. Do you see fuel
spraying in as you move the throttle?

Makes me wonder if some dirt got in the carb as a result of the hose
work you did. If that is blocking off the fuel, then that would
explain it.

Or could a jet have fallen out, making it too rich to burn on that
side?

Check inside the carb bowl for the fuel level.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org