[T3] Rubber Fuel Lines?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 30 22:01:16 PDT 2012

On 30 Jul 2012 at 14:23, J. Jonik wrote:

> But are there any cautions regarding rubber compatibility with VW fuel
> 29 psi pressure?

I think you can use any hose currently sold as fuel hose. Our 28-30
psi is within the ratings of any fuel hose, so there's no reason to
buy special fuel injection hose. (Modern FI cars use much higher
pressures.)

The correct size is 5/16". I have good quality 5/16" fuel hose with
smaller OD so it can pass thru the grommets that we have in 3 places.
If you're getting leaks in old hoses, it's probably time to replace
them all. The ones up front age much more slowly than the ones near
the engine.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org