[T3] distributor question

steve crispino steve.crispino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:41:06 PDT 2012

Our '69 Fastback is an automatic with FI and calls for distributor
311-905-205M.  However, the car came with a 311-905-205L (designated for
the manual transmission.)  What's the difference?

I was able to get it started; however it won't time correctly - I need a
few more degrees of CCW turn on the distributor, but it won't spin any
further as the condenser hits the AAR and the vacuum advance hits the tin.
Is this caused by a dimensional difference in either the distributor, the
tin or possibly both?