[T3] FI/Carbs

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 07:14:31 PDT 2012

I was going to take my '72 Fastback to a local mechanic  (he's supposed to be good with VW's) and the first thing he said was, "FI in type 3's have always had problems, you should convert it to carbs". I decided to find another mechanic. I like my baby just like she is. That said... should my FI ever stop working what do you guys think? Is there any really, really good reason to change to carbs? It would have to be really good for me to even consider it.