[T3] T3 Parts Needed

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 4 19:54:27 PDT 2012

On 4 Jun 2012 at 0:00, Robert Rogers wrote:

> I have recently aquired a '69 Fastback and need a few parts to begin
> restoration.  If anyone has any or all of these parts for sale, please
> let me know.

> 1.	Engine Bellows (large rubber tube that mounts between the engine air intake and the rear body)

I have good used bellows.

> 2.	Fuel tank intake seal (mounts around the tank intake filler tube and body)

I buy these from the VW dealer. They were also used on beetles, so I
think they are still available.

> 3.	Window winders (2) (black)

For '68-9 they should be black/chrome. More expensive than the all
black winders that started in mid-'72. I may have a pair, but I don't
have the plastic buffer washers that you need to go under them, to
keep from ruining the door panel.

> 4.	Sun visor clips (2) (black) (small rectangular plastic clips that "park" the sun visors)

I've never seen these in black.

> 5.	Rear engine cover (vinyl cover that installs in the back deck)

Like Bob said, probably really hard to find. I don't have any.

And, yes, you're going to find lots of other things you'll need.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org