[T3] Plug wire advice

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 16 18:46:55 PDT 2012

On 16 Jun 2012 at 17:20, Mike Fisher wrote:

> I made a Bosch set fit, but they really are too short!

I bought a bunch of these to resell, and Adriel reported that one of
them was too short. If you have the OE dist cap ends, it's easy to
just replace the wire itself, and I can provide the wire. The OE dist
cap ends are almost impossible to find these days, but they were the
best solution ever. I have a few good used ones, but I won't sell
them cheap.

> I saw these
> recommended on the Samba, but I haven't used them myself.
>
> http://auroraignitionwires.com/

I have no idea about those, but the ad mentions "5mm" wire. I've
never seen SP wire that small. It must be a typo, as all aircooled
VWs used 7 mm wire. There is later 8 mm wire used in some cars, but
it won't fit in our systems, and the 7 mm wire works perfectly.

They also emphasize low resistance, but that's actually quite
irrelevant.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org