[T3] Invasion prep woes....

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jun 16 18:46:56 PDT 2012

On 15 Jun 2012 at 12:50, Brion Sabbatino wrote:

> If there are only two one on each end, why don't you just wire brush
> the outside. Then put a screw in each hole along with some epoxy to
> ensure the fix stays together.

The holes are small, but what remains of the metal around them is
mostly rust and crumbly. I could try a screw, but I think it would
end up just making the hole larger.

Most expoxies don't tolerate heat well. Have you actually had this
work? If so, did you use something special that would stand up to the
heat?

Or maybe this part of the muffler tends to stay cool enough that it's
not so much of a problem. These holes are on the front outer lower
corners of the muffler. At least at speed, that part would get good
air cooling.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org