[T3] Re Invasion Update

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 20:34:36 PDT 2012

In a message dated 6/27/2012 7:19:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaransont3 at comcast.net writes:

Just got  done uploading all of my 400 or so pics from the last week to a
simple  webpage.

We got in at 8:20 PM EDT. : )  I would have posted sooner, but Chris  was
looking at the pics John posted (me too ;-) ). I still haven't figured out
all of the little stuff like John did, but then driving from Chicago to
Colorado  Springs without a working speedometer (and odometer) makes it a little
difficult  to keep track of the totals. Thanks Jim for fixing it, it worked
great all the  way back, and it's within 2 mph. : )  Other than starter
issues, the car  ran great for it's really big shake down run, after being
completely blown apart  2 years ago. It never missed a beat (even in the 111
degree heat), or going from  100 FT above sea level to the Rocky Mountains. We
found the 1 water leak in the  windshield seal (after getting caught in the
rain in Nebraska), so I'll have to  investigate that one of these days.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on the starter Jim, but there was
another 1 hiding out in the "Wolfe Warehouse", that I was able to procure.

I was however glad to get back into Michigan though, as I think this had to
 be the most windiest road trip I've ever been on. In fact it was only the
last  50 miles that we didn't have any wind, coming or going out. :O  Like I
told  Sue, (when I had my hands off the wheel) that this is the first time
since we  left, that I could do that.

We however did have a great time with everyone, and meeting new friends
along the way was just a bonus. We might not have done the Pikes Peak hill
climb, but we did get some other stuff done to make the ride back, that much
easier/better. I just hope those Invaders close by the fire don't lose
everything they had. It's just a bummer that it had to happen at all, let alone
while the Invasion was going on. Our hearts and prayers are with you all.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)