[T3] Re Invasion Update

R. David rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 28 21:28:38 PDT 2012

[[[ Bobsnotch: "Other than starter issues, the car ran great for it's really
big shake down run, after being
completely blown apart 2 years ago."]]]

 I'd say that when a bad starter motor is your biggest issue on such a hot
and demanding road trip: Wolfie did great! And props to you Bob for that bad
starter being your only real issue of the entire road trip. Nice job!

[[[ Dave Hall: "Mileage was about 55 mpg for the 11,000 miles using around
200 galls, mostly kerosene, based on two passengers in pretty full
aircraft."]]]

It's funny Dave.....you and Anne logged more miles than any of us, yet you
two didn't look at all wind-whipped like the rest of us :-)

Today I looked over Elwood since returning home, and I was very impressed
with the lack of evidence of a hot road trip. Even the valve gaps were still
correct. No signs of any drips or leaks that I could see. Keith and I both
did our oil changes in the parking lot of our St. Louis hotel stop on Monday
night, so I finished the job by doing the "lube job" part today. These Type
3's are pretty amazing cars, especially for performing so well after being
40 years old. I think it was more wear and tear on Gail and I than Elwood,
but we are ~a little~ older than 40 ;-)

Many Thanx to all the Invaders that made this Invasion another success, and
a special Thanx to my eastern caravan partners for making the journey an
extension of the Invasion experience as well!

Dave Pallo
'72 Square ~ "Elwood"
Fairport, NY