[T3] Re Invasion Update

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 05:51:45 PDT 2012

In a message dated 6/28/2012 11:30:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rdavid at rochester.rr.com writes:

[[[  Bobsnotch: "Other than starter issues, the car ran great for it's
really
big shake down run, after being
completely blown apart 2 years  ago."]]]

I'd say that when a bad starter motor is your biggest issue on  such a hot
and demanding road trip: Wolfie did great! And props to you Bob  for that
bad
starter being your only real issue of the entire road trip.  Nice job!

[[[ Dave Hall: "Mileage was about 55 mpg for the 11,000 miles  using around
200 galls, mostly kerosene, based on two passengers in pretty  full
aircraft."]]]

It's funny Dave.....you and Anne logged more  miles than any of us, yet you
two didn't look at all wind-whipped like the  rest of us :-)

Many Thanx to all the Invaders that made this Invasion  another success, and
a special Thanx to my eastern caravan partners for  making the journey an
extension of the Invasion experience as  well!

Yes Dave, between the starter issue, and the speedometer deciding to break
it's input shaft, we had an uneventful trip. ;-) I guess it really paid off
to  take my time with it, and go over the entire car like I did. : )

And speaking of "wind-whipped", I don't think I've ever been on such a road
 trip that the wind never really stopped blowing like it did on this 1.
>From the  time we left, until about 50 miles from the house (on the return
trip) we were  being buffeted by the wind, in 1 direction or the other. :O I'm
sure that added  a little driver fatigue to it all, but Wolfie handled it in
stride, and  just kept plugging along to get us home.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)