[T3] Re Invasion Update

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 16:59:40 PDT 2012

Anne and I are now back home, pretty wacked!

It was a great adventure, and the cat was still alive and greeted us as we
reached the house. As she's 18yrs old or so, we worry that the friend
feeding her might have to give her the last rites when we're not there!

Mileage was about 55 mpg for the 11,000 miles using around 200 galls, mostly
kerosene, based on two passengers in pretty full aircraft.  I guess we don't
have to feel too guilty about the environmental cost, and it was good fun to
see you guys again, or for the first time.

Only problem on the trip was the rental car dribbling oil from its filter,
but the replacement car felt a lot nicer, so it was a blessing in a way.

It was about 66F on landing, but warmed up to 72F when we got home, and felt
very humid in comparison with Colorado.

The oil-burning furnace that has run faultlessly for 8 years without
attention wouldn't start (we don't usually turn it off) - maybe I should
service it!  Cleaned out the crud, and will check the igniter ("spark
plug")for condition and gap.  I hear they should be replaced regularly,
along with the nozzle.

Oh well, (past) time for bed.

Dave.
UK VW type 3&4 Club