[T3] In St Louis

topnotch at nycap.rr.com topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 19:57:37 PDT 2012

Left Colorado springs and drove across Kansas when the heat topped off at 110F!
NEVER driven the car that hot, fortunately there was no humidity so with LOTS of ice tea I was OK but WOW was that hot!  Kept (Brian close your ears) watching the gauges and backed off to 65MPH to keep my cooler temps below 220 (about 240 in the sump)and it was happy there.  Lord it was hot, everything you touched was hot!  Car made it though and we all survived, some tough caravaners! In St Louis tonight, changed the oil, heat is still 2 days away from here so we have relief.  EVeryone is running fine, will hit Mansfield Ohio tommorow.

Any updates on the fires (and whats left) down there in COlorado Springs?