[T3] Invasion update

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Sun Jun 24 00:11:55 PDT 2012

I just wanted to give some updates and props from the last couple days.
Toby lost his engine yesterday. Locked up tight after Pikes Peak. Being
1500+ miles from home, this is stressful to say the least !
We had an offer of a 1600 from ah crap, the name escapes me right now and I
feel like an idiot. But after looking at what was needed to get it to work,
we took a second option.
Shakey and his son Jake are also here with Shakey's 71 squareback. But,
they towed it, so they offered us the engine to get Toby home! It is as
close to a plugnplay as we can get with Toby's set up and with an FI to
mech fuel pump stud swap and a few wires to convert from Toby's Nippondeso
alternator set up to Shakey's T1 alternator set up, we should be able to
fire off the 1600 and drive Toby's car again.
Remember, this is basically new friends this weekend offering up needed
parts to get someone they don't really know other than from what we've read
on here a 2 days of hanging out being beyond generous!
Also, being the Invasion, the engine swap stuff happens at night, in the
hotel parking lot and several folks stay up to offer physical and often
mental help during the stress as well as moral support. It is amazing how
much that helps keep one motivated when frustration has you beat down!
Bobnotch and his wonderful bride Sue Sanctuary are out there every minute!
Keith Park offers up tools! Peter and Disco Dave are willing to point
flashlights get dirty and anything else needed!
A new non-Invader friend Sven from Germany even pitched in with lighting!

Folks, this is just part of what was happening! Jim Adney spent two days
getting a 69 notchback from dead on a trailer to running! Keith Park was
working on someone's electrical! Pedro helped synch a set of carbs today!

And, with 30 cars ( a bit down) and more PEOPLE than usual we have raised
over $1100 for the Colorado Springs Ronald McDonald House!!!

I love this body of people!

--
Brian Fye
Canyonville Christian Academy