[T3] Rev limiting motor

Cybernotchback cybernotchback at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 06:43:51 PST 2012

I asked a friend who deals, (tweaks and plays with performance tuning, as well as engine and FI swaps) on Vw's for a living.  The rev limiting for CIS, CIS-E and Digifant is dealt with by the ECU.  Not the WOT switch that is on the outside of the throttle body.  I asked him about the WOT switch as well, as I knew it was not a kick down switch, (my Scirocco was MT, so no need for a kick down switch).  The WOT switch is there to add additional fuel at WOT to help prevent running lean at WOT.

John