[T3] ball joints

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:46:42 PST 2012

Hi Jim,
What is prompting this is excessive play at both 9 and 3 oclock
and 12 and 6 oclock, despite having recently renewed the bearings,
as well as constant creaking and moaning from the front end,
and while I'm at it I'm going to do something about the brake judder
and squealing, as I just replaced the calipers, rotors and bearings last
year,
and shouldn't have those issues.
thanks,
Chris

The very most important thing to do is to make SURE that they are
actually worn out. If the boots are still good, the ball joints will
almost certainly be good too. If the boots are torn, you should still
check the play. Check out the Bentley for the wear limit; it's a bit
hard to understand and to check, but you can check them in the car.