[T3] Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Mar 8 11:58:20 PST 2012

On 8 Mar 2012 at 10:58, Chris Sheridan wrote:

> Has anyone been able to locate a source for stainless steel rear lines
> for a type 3? I have a set for the front brakes, but there doesn't seem
> to be any available for the rear, just the rubber hoses.

Sorry, but I've never seen any point in SST hoses, unless you're
going offroad and need extreme hazard ruggedness. For on road use,
the rubber hoses last for decades, and fit perfectly, all for minimal
cost. The rears last especially long, since they flex less.

I have all the Type 3 IRS hoses custom made for me in the correct
lengths. I don't know of anywhere else that has the rears in the
correct lengths.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org