[T3] Engine Craziness (was Dwell Meter...)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Mar 10 15:45:31 PST 2012

On 10 Mar 2012 at 14:51, Tony Rongey wrote:

> It sure would have saved me a lot of aggravation if one of you guys would have
> just told me my distributor cap was cracked.

;-)

Sorry about that, those cracks are pretty hard to see from here.

I broke a few of those myself, many years ago. That was before I
learned how to pop the retaining springs off without damaging the
cap. Now I use a screwdriver under the bowed part of the spring and
lever it outward. Using a screwdriver straight down from the top,
between the end of the spring and the cap tends to break the cap.

Glad to hear that you found your problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org