[T3] T3's and salty roads

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 05:43:42 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/14/2012 12:59:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

For all  of those who have T3's in areas where SALT on roads is a
problem in the  spring.  The mild winter 2011-12 weather has allowed
some of the the  DOT to NOT use their allotment of salt.  Isn't it a
bureaucratic shame  that they must use their salt their stocks, whether
they need to or  not.  They all seem to be concerned about their budget
$$$ for next  year.  Use it, or lose it.

Well our county road commission has been trying NOT to use any more salt
than they need to. This is because it comes out of their budget. Their budget
is  set up from Jan 1 to Dec 31, so any left overs from the spring could be
used in  the late fall. This is how they were able to just stay under
budget last year  (we had some really large snow falls in Jan thru March). They
actually buy salt  in the summer to, as the price is cheaper then.

But, like a few others here, I don't drive my T-3s until after the 1st of
April, and even then, I'll wait until we get a couple of nice rains to wash
the  roads first. I do enough rust repair work as it is, without having to
do my  classic cars too. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)