[T3] Got the Square out today,

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Mar 15 15:03:58 PDT 2012

On 14 Mar 2012 at 21:55, R. David wrote:

> Then I realize that I would not like to be ON these roads when everyone is
> learning how to drive these roads ;-)

We were in Texas around Christmas about 25 years ago, when they had a
big snowstorm. We had been planning to leave the next morning, but
changed our minds after watching the "bumper cars" on the evening
news.

We waited one day, to see if the roads might have improved, leaving
our friends with a promise to come right back if things were still
bad. They were still bad, but apparently everyone else had also seen
the road carnage on the news and had decided to stay home.

We had the road completely to ourselves. Yes, COMPLETELY!

In a Type 3, it was no problem at all.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org