[T3] Cleaning brake lines

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 18:47:53 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/15/2012 9:05:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> I  got my new lines from Wolfsburg West. They were the correct lengths,
> except for the left. This was due to me converting the single  master
cylinder
> to a dual that I had Jim rebuild.

All  the tandem MCs made from '72-on, including OEM and replacements,
have an  odd angled port for the LF wheel. It's not at all where it
"should" be,  and it takes a completely different brake line to reach
it. You're not  supposed to put the brake light switch in that hole,
although many people  get away with it. The 2 brake light switches are
supposed to go in the 2  left side ports.

I used to have a few NOS of those late LF lines, but  they are all
gone now. What I do, is bend one up by hand, to match an old  one that
I keep here as an example. I sell a lot of those with MC  rebuilds,
since I've never known a car to come with the correct line,  except
for late type 3s that came that way from the  factory.

You sent me a left line with the rebuilt master cylinder too. Thanks again
for doing that, it made the job go so much easier.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)