[T3] upholstery

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Mar 18 16:09:06 PDT 2012

On 18 Mar 2012 at 16:46, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hello all!  I too am getting ready to do my interior on my '73
> Fastback.  What is the difference between TMI and Sewfine?  Is the
> quality any better or worse, maybe price?

After buying my replacements from Sewfine, I got the impression that
they got them from TMI. I've no proof of that, but I got some comment
on the phone that they made some of their fancier stuff themselves,
but bought the stock items. The quality in what I got was fine, but
it wasn't a good copy of the OE. They used basketweave in places that
should have been smooth. I haven't talked to anywhere that gets it
completely right.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org