[T3] upholstery

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 06:09:40 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/18/2012 7:49:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

TMI for  seats, Sewfine for Carpets.

Keith

Top Notch  Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com

_alluringeyewear at comcast.net_ (mailto:alluringeyewear at comcast.net)
Hello  all!  I too am getting ready to do my interior on my '73  Fastback.
What is the difference between TMI and Sewfine?  Is  the quality any better
or worse, maybe price?  I'm not sure which one  to use.  Thanks Doug

On my "normal" type 3s, I use TMI in them, seats, carpet, and headliner. My
 wife's 70 Fastback was done back in 1991, and still looks very good. My 65
Notch  was done with their stuff back in 2001 too. Even my old 71 Notch got
seat covers  and carpet from TMI. I have no qualms with using their stuff,
but then I'm not  really a purist. ;-)  I actually wanted to use TMI for the
T-34, but they  didn't offer it. :(  This means the only options were
either Sew Fine, or  getting it thru Germany. Since I was kind of starting from
scratch anyway, I  went with Sew Fine. I ordered my stuff back in early
February, as that was when  they were slow. In fact when I called about ordering
my carpet (a week later),  my seat covers were almost ready to ship. :O
Normally they tell you it  will be 6 weeks before you get it (I had both the
seat covers and the  carpet before the 1st of March. : )  But I will tell you,
it's definitely  more expensive than TMI.
>From what Carol told me, they sew their heat seat seams, which might be why
 the door panels look "puffy", as noted by another poster here.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)