[T3] Solix 32 PDSIT

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Mar 21 20:17:18 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/21/2012 7:20:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
brionsab at msn.com writes:

It has  warmed up here in the desert. I have the car running. I need some
direction in  setting up the duel carburetors. I have searched the web, the
Samba, etc...No  where can I find the set up procedure for these carburetors.
There is nothing  about them in any of my manuals.

There is one large knob on each  carburetor. Also another Hexagonal brass
thing that looks more like a jet  holder than adjustment. These are both on
the side that faces the heads rather  than the center of the engine. Also an
adjustment screw is just below the  choke assemblies. Seems to be more of a
stop than anything else.

Where  is the idle adjusted? Why is there nothing on the web about these?
The  carburetors are Solix 32 PDSIT.

My Idle drops off and stalls the  engine. Also I have an occasional
backfire. I need to know what does what.

I understand how to adjust carbs. I just don't know what is what on  these
Solixs.

Have you tried this link?
_http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/t3dualcarbtuning/

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)