[T3] Fan Belts

Dave Burden ermracing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 04:03:20 PDT 2012

>The Muir book has a line that says a shiny fan belt will slip...as mine seems to do once in a while.
>
>Question:?? Would a little sandpaper solve the shiny problem??
>Or, if part of the problem is accumulation, over time, of blown in oil, could the belt be cleaned with, maybe, some gasoline followed by >a good rub with Mechanic's hand cleaner, then a rinse?
>
>Or are belts so cheap and easy to find that all that's not worth the trouble?

There is a product called Belt Dressing.  It's a spray can that makes
the surface of the belt 'sticky' again.  I've used it a few times,
but it's really just a stop-gap measure if a new belt isn't available.

Dave
Unity, NH
Current - '72 Bus, '69 Opel GT (1.1 litre)
Previous - '71 Squareback, '70 & '72 Bug, '59 Isetta