[T3] Condensor Issue +?

Special (K) elvisleft_bldg at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 21:08:00 PST 2012

Hi All,
This one puzzles me. Sometime around beginning of winter, My BF and daughter did an oil change valve adjustment head retorque and tune up on my T3, Yes points condensor  plugs but not wires.

So at 92,000 miles or so the car dies at school. I tired to start, nothing just turns over, Mind you this was Wed. I whack the condensor with my flashlight, wiggle coil wires jiggle gas line back up front turns over nothing, So I wait for my daughter, to help start car, I pulled off the coil wire at the distributor, to ck spark, on generator, bare handed birkenstocks hand on engine lid no spark, I tell her wait and try again.. Wholy cow car started, with coil wire in hand?!?!?
I didnt know what to do so I put it back on the distributor. and drove home!
I received no shock. First part of puzzle
On Fri, car dies again only in intersection, after pushing car to saftey I whacked the condensor so hard I broke it from the bracket. Luckily the car started and I drove (limped)it to Orielley Auto.
They did not have a 6Volt condensor. Stuck I was, I called friend who came and helped me put on a condensor I had saved from a 12V t3 Drove home, heck drove to pick up new condensor and put in purse Ran great Fine! Like a kitten he says!
Now is Tues drove 40miles away car ran fine, on way home car dies at intersection, I knew it was the condensor, quick change,on road no problems.. Second part of puzzle.
Why and how did these things happen? Dont tell me its a vw I know that :) How can I prevent this from happeneing again? Why is my car burning thru condensors?
Thanks guys.. this one will keep me up tonight,,,
Kelleigh