[T3] car died on way home

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:03:33 PDT 2012

Ok, feeling pretty silly now!!  But I have trouble following the wiring
diagram in the Bentley for my year (71).  It just shows the FI power supply
relay and has a wire heading off the page which then says "Connection to
fuel pump relay" but doesn't show the wiring.  For 72 and on, the diagram
is a little better but I didn't know if it applied to me.

> That's the one you need to check. If it's okay, I'm suspecting the
> fuel pump relay of getting resistive. I've seen a very few of them go
> bad, but more than zero. I have good ones available here.

How much would you like for a working relay?

> just before things start to go bad, the relay must be your problem.

Hmmm....not sure about this.  But I'd like to check the voltage like you
said you did.  Which terminal is the output ?  Again, my wiring diagram is
not helping me too much.  Would it be terminal 87 ?

Thanks for helping to narrow this down...

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback FI/MT