[T3] Starting again?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue May 8 09:34:13 PDT 2012

On 8 May 2012 at 9:04, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> Great, thanks for all the advice so far.  It looks like I have a few tasks
> to get started on this weekend:
>
> (1) Oil change

Yes, this was a really good suggestion. Once it starts and is
driveable, take it out and get it well warmed up and change the oil
again.

> (2) Replace fuel lines (I had planned on doing this years ago, but now
> seems like a good time to do it).  How much fuel line should it take to do
> a complete replacement?  Where can I find the good German stuff at?  I take
> it they don't sell it at O'Reilly or one of the other auto parts chains, do
> they? You said 5/16"?

Don't even consider the "good" German stuff. It's not good any more.
Buy regular US 5/16 fuel hose. Don't buy the special FI fuel line, as
it's much more expensive and is made for much higher pressures than
our cars have. If you can't find good stuff locally, I have it.

> (3) Prime everything before I try to fire it up.

Good luck  ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org