[T3] BBQ Plans

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat May 12 16:14:43 PDT 2012

In a message dated 5/12/2012 6:57:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

On 12  May 2012 at 15:12, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I hope the crew at  Blue Ox kept in mind that there's not a lot of room
on
> the  steering box side of the beam, when the steering box is in place.
This
> was  part of the reason that my Super Beetle tow bar attaches at  the
center
> of the  beam (there's really no room on the "drivers  side" of the beam
> play with).

We've been doing all  that work here in Wisconsin with a real Type 3
beam and car, with the  steering gearboxes in place. It's tight, but I
think we have enough  support AND just enough clearance. We removed
the shield plate in front of  the FI fuel pump, but that can be put
back if the towing frame is removed,  which should be fairly simple.

Good to hear Jim. I just wanted Gary to be aware of the steering box and
pitman arm. On my first towbar adapter that I built, I didn't take that into
account, and had to notch the upper corner to clear the pitman arm. Just
trying  to avoid some of the issues I'd already ran into. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)