[T3] BBQ Plans

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat May 12 15:57:22 PDT 2012

On 12 May 2012 at 15:12, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I hope the crew at Blue Ox kept in mind that there's not a lot of room on
> the steering box side of the beam, when the steering box is in place. This
> was  part of the reason that my Super Beetle tow bar attaches at the center
> of the  beam (there's really no room on the "drivers side" of the beam to
> play with).

We've been doing all that work here in Wisconsin with a real Type 3
beam and car, with the steering gearboxes in place. It's tight, but I
think we have enough support AND just enough clearance. We removed
the shield plate in front of the FI fuel pump, but that can be put
back if the towing frame is removed, which should be fairly simple.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org